To continue on the topic of full moon activities, the full moon is an optimal time to do crystal cleansing. This can be the day before, day of and day after.
Many people have touched your crystal before you bought it so it is a good idea to cleanse it before use. Also, if they have not been used for a long time, when they’ve been used to clear negativity or illness or just when you feel the need to recharge them, the full moon is a good way and safe way for the crystals to be cleansed.
Full Moon Cleansing
This is actually very simple. Place your stones in the light of a full moon. Leave the stones overnight to cleanse (or as long as is practical in your situation)
Other ways to cleanse
- Sea Salt – place stone downward in sea salt for 24 hours.
- Sea Salt Water – If you’re lucky, you’re near to an ocean and can use natural ocean water. If not, mix sea salt into water (1tsp in a glass of water is sufficient) and let the stone soak up to 24 hours.
- Smudge – use sage, sweetgrass, frankincense or cedar. Allow the stone to rest afterwards.
- Spring Water – especially for feminine or watery stones, place in natural spring water.
- Tumbled Hematite/Quartz – place stone in a bowl with either hematite or quartz.
- Earth – bury the stone in earth for 24 hours to a week. (Make sure you mark where you bury the stone!)
NOTE : Salt or Earth can be harmful to some stones or jewelry. Take caution before using this method. ALSO, do not use warm or hot water and this could damage the stones. Sunlight can damage stones.
There are times when a long cleansing just isn’t feasible. Running cool tap water over the stone with your intention of cleansing will do in a pinch.