The time between the full moon and the new moon is called the waning moon. This period is a good time for banishing such as negative emotions, illness or bad habits. As the moon disappears into the sky, so may the object of intention.
Waning Moon Periods
- Waning Gibbous Moon : 3 to 7 days after the full moon. Start thinking on or meditating on what negativity you would like to remove from your life. It is also appropriate for minor banishing spells with less lunar energy is required.
- Last Quarter Moon or Waning Half Moon : 7 to 10 days after the full moon. This is half-way between the full and new moon. This is a good time to replace negative with positive and balance the energies within your body. If you’re teetering between two choices, this is a good time to work magick to help you decide providing that its structured in a decreasing fashion.
- Waning Crescent Moon : 11 to 14 days after the rull moon. Rituals that need more lunar energy but not necessarily the raw energy of the new moon can be performed now.
When working magick at this time, try to focus on disappearance or end of the negative.
- Love : banish negative thoughts or habits that may be hindering you from finding your true love.
- Money : banish bad financial habits or choices.
- Health : banish illness, easy ill effects of an illness or surgery.
- Weight : banish bad exercise habits or bad food choices.
- Indecision : banish thoughts that may be interferring.
Like with any spell work, make the magick only part of the plan. Incorporate other things from your daily life into your plan to make something happen. If you want to lose weight, do a spell to banish bad food choices and concentrate on healthy food. If you want to get rid of negative co-workers, do a spell to banish their negativity from your life. Add to this a plan to accept their part in your life but do not allow it to affect it and find other more positive co-workers to associate with.